Somerset Levels Stargazers is a group of enthusiastic amateur astronomers interested in looking at the stars, planets and anything else in space. We meet at least once a month to pass on our knowledge and share our interest in astronomy with people from the Somerset Levels.
Dear fellow Stargazers
As You may remember at our last meeting of 2021, I mentioned that our meetings for 2022 would once again be held in Othery Village Hall while simultaneously being available on Zoom and that as we had received no income since February 2020, we would begin to charge a moderate fee to either attend in person or join on-line.
The decision has been made by the Committee that as Covid has continued to be an issue and that some are still reluctant to venture out our January meeting will only be available on line and that for the time being is free to all.
We of course hope to hold meetings in person starting with our February meeting of which details and fees will be given at a later date .
We have an interesting and varied list of Speakers lined up for 2022 along of course with our special 10th Anniversary event in April (see here for more info).
In the meantime, please find below details of Febuarys meeting along with the Zoom link.
Wishing you all the very best for 2022
Topic: Somerset Stargazers 2022
Join Zoom Meeting
The next online meeting will be on the 23rd Febuary 2022
We aim to:
- Give details of Astronomical highlights for the Month ahead including a guide to exploring the Moon, planets and Stars.
- Have a talk on a different subject each month given by a club member or guest speaker.
- Look at a prominent figure from the history of Astronomy their life and work.
- Keep members up to date on any interesting discoveries and events..
- After our meeting if the sky is clear we conduct an observing session at the back of the hall in the car park.
We ask attendees to pay only £2.50 per meeting, or alternatively take out an annual membership at a cost of £20.00. Tea and Coffee are provided.
We hope to see you there.
website http://www.somersetlevelsstargazers.co.uk/ find us on facebook